Here are some more ideas that we enjoyed as children – yes a long time ago! The beauty of these suggestions, I will share, is that every family can do them. Are you ready?
Make yourself an obstacle course. Find items from around your home.
- Hoola Houp – we have two and they could have to hula hoop for a certain time.
- Ride on any toys that you have.
- Go in and out of cans of beans or tomatoes – whatever is in your pantry.
- You could also do this with toys.
- Jump – over soft toys; or hope from one spot to another.
- Crawl under a table or a blanket; large box you have cut the end out of.
- Balance – use something they can stand on for a certain amount of time – count to ten.
- Let your imagination go and make sure you invite your little people to come up with ideas.
- Here is a link to get hulahoops
Get crafty and make a caterpillar.
- Hopefully, you have an empty egg carton. You will need paint or felt pens and stickers or other things to stick on and glue.
- Step one – turn your egg-carton upside down and cut off the top and the edge flap.
- Cut it in half – so from one end to the other and you will make two long caterpillar bodies.
- You can then paint and decorate your caterpillar. Remember to add eyes and see if you can make it a happy caterpillar.
- Of course, you want to give your caterpillar a name and you can stick on wool or string and pipe-cleaners for feelers.
- Here is a link to Creative Junk on FacebookCreative Junk on Facebook.
- We have a box and we add to it cardboard rolls; ribbon; bottle tops anything that makes good creative items we then take them to Creative Junk for you.
Another indoor activity is creating Your Family Band.
- This is where your creativity can come into its own.
- Choose your instruments – might be your body for clapping or legs for tapping on.
- Make some shakers – plastic bottles with rice or some other small item that will make a sound.
- You can have music to play along to or you can just enjoy the raw beat.
- You might want to create and then find new instruments and items for the band members to use.
- Name your Band.
- This could be how the new Family Band starts.
- Over 300 posts of ideas to make your musical instruments.